By Jan Cashman • Posted on December, 4th 2013
- Make a fresh cut in your Christmas tree right before you put it in water.
- Keep water in your Christmas tree stand at all times. Add “Tree Life” to keep your Christmas tree fresher.
- Keep Christmas tree away from heat vents, stoves, and candles.
- Take down Christmas trees and decorations before they get too dry.
- Wrap trunks of smooth-barked trees up to the bottom branch to prevent sunscald and cracking.
- Protect outdoor plants from rodents and deer—wrap trunks with tree wrap that they cannot chew or rub through.
- Fence young trees.
- Use spray repellents.
- Poison voles
- Apply Wilt-Pruf to evergreens susceptible to winter burn. (Dwarf Alberta Spruce, arborvitae, some pines) Apply Wilt-Pruf on a warm day.